Prayer time with Annie is usually a mixture of emotions for me. Though I have always found childrens' prayers to be very sweet, I find myself getting tense. Tonight's was no different. Here is a typical prayer segment. Annie will be in pink (as she would prefer) and I will be in purple (for obvious reasons--royalty).
(Annie accidentally bangs her hand against the wall)
Ouch! Mommy, will you pray to Jesus for my hand?
Sure sweetie. Jesus, will You please bring relief to Annie's h--
No, pray that it will feel better.
Ok. Jesus, will You please help Annie's han--
Mommy, what are these?
What?
Are these knuckles?
Um, yes.
Will you pray for my knuckles?
Sure. Jesus will You please help Annie's knuckles?
Just one, Mommy.
Oh, ok. Jesus, will you please make Annie's knuckle feel be--
Mommy, will you pray for my Tangled dress?
And on and on it goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment