Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Awkward

Good grief, I have got to stop being awkward.

I was at a coffee shop and thought I saw one of my friend's husbands sitting across the way. I wasn't wearing my glasses so I did that thing where I looked at him, jerked up to wave, quickly pulled my hand down and then squinted again to see if it was really him - for, I dunno,...a while.
The whole time he, of course, is doing that side-eyed thing. You know where you catch someone looking at you so you quickly look down and then ...wait a few seconds and look back up to make sure they looked back down. Which I hadn't. ‪#‎poorguy‬ So then by the time I realized it's not my friend, I get paranoid and start grabbing my coffee cup with my wedding ring hand because hey man, I am married! And, of course, proceed to don my glasses and lean into my computer screen in hopes that the bright light will put a glare on my eyes.

Role of the sketchy girl in the dark corner of the coffee shop has been established.

No comments:

Post a Comment