I'm learning very quickly that not all stories worth remembering (or blogging) have to be humorous. As my children get older, yes they will have many funny moments but what I forgot--and am beginning to cherish--is their developing character and, most importantly, spiritual maturity. Jesus says to have faith like a child. I'm learning more and more what that looks like as I observe my little ones displaying the true form of faith and trust. As an adult, I am always judging, always making my own conclusions and expectations, and always second guessing God. I need to learn more from my child. To be open. To act when I get "that feeling" to do something. To really hear God without distractions of my own fleshly thoughts.
The day before Easter, last Saturday, our little family of four was driving to an Easter egg hunt. Annie randomly started saying over and over that we needed to pray for her teacher and unborn baby. At first, I kind of waived her off thinking we could do it later--after all, I was telling Daddy an interesting story! Annie kept insisting while getting louder. We stopped talking, prayed for them asking Jesus to keep them both healthy and safe, and then went on our way with a satisfied Annie in the backseat. When I took Annie to school a couple days later, I told her teacher what happened. She responded,"That's interesting. I was having contractions and went to the ER on Saturday". Divine intervention? I think so. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment