I can't believe you're one!! You are my darling, do you know that? Sam, you are better than any baby boy I could've dreamed!
I remember the first day I saw you
You were adorable
You were the final link to perfect our little family of four.
Annie loved you from the start. How could she not? When you arrived home, she brought out every (and, I mean ev. er. y.) toy to show you. She was so ready for a buddy. You were so sweet and allowed her to entertain you.
You have always been a good sport.
You have always been a very happy boy. You started smiling at five weeks which is pretty early! My little charmer. :)
Unfortunately, the first four months of your life were pretty rough for you. You had colic and reflux pretty bad. :( Every time I would feed you, you'd spit up so much that it saturated two burp cloths. It was so sad. However, other than those times, you were always completely content.
You were such a trooper--I learned so much from you! You are my beautiful, sweet boy.
Everyone loves being around you. You're so engaging, it's amazing. When you look at people, you stare right into their eyes and really make a connection. People love it and almost always comment on it.
One day, I noticed that a couple of your onesies matched your blankies. Kinda funny.
One of your favorite things to do is swing. Annie was the one who pushed the envelope for you. She told us to put you in the swing when you were only a few months old. Apparently, she knew what she was doing because you loved it!
Here you are now:
Your favorite food in the beginning was sweet potatoes. You don't like peas. I don't think anyone does. Yuck. As you've gotten older, you'll try most things but you are definitely a texture kind of boy. Sheesh.
When I had my little girl, I loved that I could put bows in her hair. I wasn't sure what to do with a boy...but I soon figured it out. :)
This is one of my favorites. You look like a little 1920s boy.
Annie loves holding you
And feeding you
And taking care of you
You practically have two mommies. :)
You took your first steps at nine months. I think you were motivated by your sister doing laps around you. We all thought you would start walking soon because you really had no interest in crawling. However, we made the mistake of introducing you to a walker and all incentive went out the window. Why walk on your own when you could just get in your little vehicle and speed around? So, true walking didn't start until you were 11 months. In the meantime, you and your walker developed quite the bro-mance.
Here's one of the first times you stood.
The infamous walker
So, here we are. My baby boy is growing up.
You're sitting forward...
You're acting like you are on the phone...
You're taking on new feats, walking everywhere, and getting into things you shouldn't.
And all the while, you will get by with a lot because you're the sweet, charming one of the bunch who melts hearts and brings smiles.
I love you, my Sammy. I'm so proud to be your Mommy. How did I ever get so lucky?




No comments:
Post a Comment