This birthday, you insisted on a princess theme. You had the whole party down to a T--pink balloons, pink cupcakes, a princess cake, your house with family and friends. You wanted everything to be perfect. So when Daddy and I surprised you with a castle, you looked at it, walked around it, and finally said, "Where's the door?".
You had a great time at your party, but when it was over...so were you.
You were born on a lovely sunny day. I thought you were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I was ecstatic that I was having a girl. Your birth was the proudest moment of my life and, up to that point, I had never fallen in love with someone so quickly.
You were a very smiley baby. You always had that cute, somewhat mischievous grin.
One day, Daddy was cutting your fingernails. I'm not sure if you jerked or he slipped. Regardless, your finger got cut. You didn't cry--but you bled. Boy, did you bleed. So we wrapped you up.
And called you The Claw
I loved dressing you up for all occasions. You had the cutest little Santa outfit for Christmas.
We had a great time celebrating with the family. You might have had too much eggnog however...
You have always been a beautiful little girl. People have also been impressed with your ability to always look at the camera.
You also loved swimming and anything to do with water. Here you are flying with Daddy!
And then, before we knew it, you were one.
Did I mention you're beautiful?
Year Two
By your second year, you were starting to look less "baby" and more girly. You still smiled and laughed all the time. We were a proud family.


It was during your second year, your personality really started coming out. You were strong willed, spirited, fearless, and happy.
You thought it was fun to pull out all the toilet paper
Play with dangerous objects with boys
And kick random goats
You liked to eat avacado, hummus, anything with mustard, and blueberries.
You liked the color pink.
You liked LOVED giraffes. And I'm pretty sure they loved you too.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words: my brave little girl--ready to take on the world, postured and primed.
And so, in only a fraction of what your year held, summed up Year Two.
Did I mention you're beyond cute?
Year Three
And so the real stories start. You're smart and witty. Tough yet dramatic. Joyful yet naughty. Sensitive yet resilient. You love much, help when asked, and beat up your brother when no one is looking.
Annie, I know very few people who enjoy life the way you do. You LOVE living! You are able to find the humor in most things. You take on the outside world as an adventure. The world is your stage and we are merely supporting actors.
These two pictures are a perfect portrayal of your joy.
You're sensitive and motherly
Helpful and willing
And crazy
In all your spiritedness, however, you have a quirky habit of organizing random things. I would almost say it's a little OCD. You like things lined up and symmetrical. Will you be an engineer?
My darling, Annie, I love you more than words could ever give meaning to. You are brilliantly wimsy. I'm so proud to be your Mommy. I can't wait to see how your life folds out--it will be an adventure! Thank you for your many hugs and kisses. Thank you for your vivacity. Thank you for looking at the funny side of life. Thank you for loving me so well.
And, most importantly, thank you for loving Jesus and talking to Him so much. You are His princess, His lovely.
Have I mentioned I utterly adore you?








No comments:
Post a Comment