Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gonna Be a Long Year!

Every year, when school starts, all the social networks are flooded with pictures of various kids who are usually standing in front of their house or their school with their newest and brightest clothes on who are almost always wearing their backpack and are ALWAYS grinning ear to ear from the pride of knowing that they are another year older, more mature, and that much closer to adulthood which, in their little minds, means freedom.  Their ego is stroked by constantly being reminded of the formerly stated by the person behind the camera who's more than likely saying, "It's your first day of schooool!  You're getting so big!" or "Give me that gorgeous smile!  I'm so proud of you!"
After years of seeing and "Liking" everybody else's kids picture, this year I finally got to be one of the "school moms" as my sweet little Annie started Pre-K.  I did it all right--I put her in the cutest, whitest, newest dress, put her hair in a bright bow, put her brand new back pack on, and talked about how great school was allllll the way there.
So, amongst all the other smiling children on every social media outlet, my kid certainly stood out.  It was the best I could get out of her.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment