Motherhood is made up a number of descriptions and jobs. You are personal chef of clients who are mostly picky eaters, housekeeper, taxi driver, judge overseeing daily court appearances, wardrobe stylist, and nurse. There are some days, however, that offer a perfect scenario to describe a characteristic of motherhood.
This was my last ten minutes:
Sam decided to start potty training so he took his diaper off and peed right in front of the toilet. While I'm cleaning that...
I hear Annie laughing while ghastly exclaiming, "Sam!" He just pooped on the living room floor. While I'm cleaning that...
Sam quietly says,"Mommy?" from the dining room. I look up and see him standing in the middle of a diarrhea pile and proceeds to walk towards me making a green trail of tiny toe prints.
I start to clean up what looks like a liquidated Gremlin when Annie turns her head from the diarrhea and looks at me, "Momma, I'm going to throw up". After sending her to her room I myself succumb to the foulness and do what any other person would do in this moment – I hurl.
No comments:
Post a Comment